Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Rain or Snow .... Water Boots Anyone



Yesterday I woke up to what could only be described as a torrential  down pour  and I did  what any normal Jamaican would  do … I went to the back of my closet looking for the sneakers   the  ones you don’t wear so often  and those jeans  you don’t care too much if the foot (hem) gets  wet. … well



while I was  looking for my sneakers   I came across   my  Elijio UGG  boots.  I looked at them and
though  I have worn these  boots for a total of 6 weeks  between 2008 and 2010 ( only worn when I      travel in  the winter) and I though to myself  some wellies would have been  a much better investments .


  
What are wellies   you might ask? Well  they are  better know in Jamaica as  water boots . Don’t be scared I am not referring to the black ones worn by pig farmers fret not these boots have gone designer and rather trendy. 

It rains in Jamaica what 4-5 months a year … no more with the  sneakers  and  the roll up pants foot or the old rubber flip flops  and invest in a pair of  water boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment